I like it when things don’t make sense completely but make you smile. The kind of things you would think up when you were 8 years old and having one of those magic dreams that you don’t want to wake up from. Birds have a beautiful freedom, combined with jaunty personalities. NewZealand used to be a land of just birds. I like to celebrate those we still have and those we havenow lost within my art.
Exhibitions, Awards and other things
- Awarded the Oriel Hoskin Scholarship for 2021 at The Learning Connection
- Friends of Pataka Arts trail - part of the Plimmerton School Hub 2021
- Mo-Co “Kaha” exhibition with Nicole Jackson Dec 4th 2020
- Friends of Pataka Committee member since the beginning of 2020. Helping to organise things such as The Pataka Art Awards and the Porirua Arts Trail.
- Red Rock Gallery - “On the Outside” exhibition with Charlotte Goodman October 2020
- Pataka Art Award exhibition September 2020
- The Learning Connection ‘Spring Forward’ group exhibition September 2020 (won peoples choice award for my painting ‘Demise of the huia’
- Red Rock Gallery - ‘Feathered’ 26-29 October 2019
- Studio Art Sale 15th December 2019
- Pataka Art Awards August 2019 - won the Creativity and Promise award
- Paekakariki Art Show 25-28 April 2019
- Kapiti Arts Trails 2017 - 2020
- Part of Paekakariki Open Artist studios from 2017-current
Emma's Insta: emmahercusart