Alicja is an artist who is responding to a sense of atmosphere and play of light across the landscape with her expressive oil paintings. Capturing those moments of delight at the way the light dances across the landscape. The combination of the large gestural marks and bold use of colour leads you on a journey into the landscape whilst still exploring the nature of the medium. Handling the paint, the selection and laying it on, a cumulation of single marks which coalesce into a whole.
Alicja often works within a series, starting with a reference point then she works to portray the energy of the landscape and the feelings it engenders in her, particularly the way the light affects the environment. “Working within a series becomes a cohesive story for me as the artist on a journey and hopefully also for the viewer” It also provides a framework to focus my attention.
- Winner Jane Hyde Painting Award 2018 – Friends of Pataka
- Winner of Peoples Choice Awards 2017 – Friends of Pataka
- Group Exhibition ‘Four Women who Paint’ at Bottle Creek Gallery Pataka - Nov 2018
- Solo Exhibition ‘Essence’ at Toi Gallery Pataka – Jul 2019
- Solo Exhibition at Exhibitions Gallery of Fine Art – Mar 2020
- Solo Exhibition at Exhibitions Gallery of Fine Art May 2021
Alicja's website: alicjagear.com
Alicja's Insta: alicjagear_artist